Deadline: 12 March, 2017
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, is a Geneva-based non-profit, nongovernmental organisation with regional offices and representatives across the MENA region and in Europe. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we seek to both empower people rendered vulnerable by armed conflicts, poverty, rights violations and violence, and stimulate the international community to take tangible steps to put an end to human rights violations. We also seek to pose recommendations for better managing humanitarian crises and raising the voices of those affected from a human rights and gender responsive approach. While doing so, we operate as a complement to and partner with other human rights organisations.
In 2017, Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor initiated a project which aim is to strengthen the ability of community based non-governmental organisations (NGO) to have their interventions better respond to women’s needs and rights by means of engaging and empowering women inside and outside the organisations. Thus, we are seeking applications for the first Women’s Leadership Incubator (WLI) - Gaza Strip 2017, which will assist the participating NGO staff and teams of women from their communities in identifying their community, group based and personal needs and solution to these, the skills and resources required to work on the solutionsthey themselves have identified as important, then provide seed grants and coaching to facilitate development of projects or interventions they will develop. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate the development of women leaders across the Gaza Strip who will advocate for others to achieve greater empowerment and gender equality for the benefit of all.
Join this exciting endeavor!
NGOs are invited to apply for participation if they:
- Work in the field of human rights and are willing to put more effort into empowering women.
- Have been in existence for more than two years.
- Have a dedicated, physical headquarters.
- Offer at least one program specifically for women, managed by a woman.
- Have a track record of programming for women for each of the previous two years.
- Can document their work to reach marginalized persons/groups in their areas of serviceو such as young women, persons with disabilities and displaced persons.
- Have a system in place for assessing program success beyond numbers of participants.
- Can document the promise of future sustainability in terms of sufficient and stable funding.
- Have a process in place for annual independent, financial auditing.
- NGOs working with marginalized groups such as displaced persons, persons with disabilities, widows and other groups rendered vulnerable by the situation in Gaza and other factors are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online by 12 March. Click here to apply
For more info, please call Aya ِEl-Zinati, Public Relations and Outreach Coordinator at: 00970 59 89 88 982