The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor is a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across the MENA region and in Europe. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we seek to both empower individuals disenfranchised by violence and discrimination and prod the international community to take tangible steps to put an end to human rights violations. While doing so, we operate as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations.
In 2017, Euro-Med initiated a project to strengthen local NGOs’ sensitivity to women’s needs and rights, while also engaging marginalized women directly in project planning and implementation. Thus, we are seeking applications for a project-management consultant for the first Women’s Leadership Incubator (WLI) in the Gaza Strip. Through the WLI, we will train participating NGO staff and teams of women from their communities in leadership and advocacy skills, as well as facilitate their work to identify and implement projects to empower others in their broader neighborhoods. Our ultimate goal is to facilitate the development of grassroots women leaders across the Gaza Strip who will advocate for others to achieve greater empowerment and gender equality for the benefit of all.
Euro-Med Monitor is therefore looking to recruit a project management specialist (consultant), to work as part of the WLI team for the duration of the initiative.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
The project-management specialist is expected to:
- Assist project team in the selection of participating NGOs and women peer leaders.
- Attend management meetings with participating NGOs to discuss gender-equity and empowerment practices in their workplaces and communities and propose action if and when needed.
- Lecture and lead workshops on effective project initiation and management for NGOs and women attending the WLI summit, with a focus on how to develop ideas into action plans and plans into results.
- Work with NGO teams to consult and coach on implementation of action plans and measurement of results.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree in business administration, management, or any related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in professional environment requiring project management, training and results evaluation.
- Proven experience in planning and speaking at workshops and seminars.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Email your application no later than 1 ِApril to email@example.com. The application should include a letter of motivation and CV.
Please note that due to the nature of the work, only female applicants will be considered.