Job Title: Project Management Specialist (Consultant)
Project: Women’s Leadership Incubator
Type of Contract: Consultancy
Location: The Gaza Strip
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor is a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across the MENA region and in Europe. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we seek to both empower individuals disenfranchised by violence and discrimination and prod the international community to take tangible steps to put an end to human rights violations. While doing so, we operate as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations.
Euro-Med Monitor is implementing the second phase of the Women's Leadership Incubator (WLI) project – funded by the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation- which aims at strengthening local CBOs' sensitivity to women's needs and rights, while also engaging marginalized women directly in project planning and implementation.
Through the WLI, we will train participating CBOs staff and teams of women from their communities in leadership and advocacy skills, as well as facilitate their work to identify and implement projects to empower others in their broader neighborhood.
Our ultimate goal is to facilitate the development of grassroots women leaders across the Gaza Strip who will advocate for others to achieve greater empowerment and gender equality for the benefit of all.
Purpose of Consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to hire a Project Management Consultant responsible for training the participating CBOs' staff and women at the project on developing ideas into action plans/projects, mentoring groups as they implement their action plans, and monitoring action plan preparation and implementation. The consultant will also lead workshops on effective project initiation and management for the participating CBOs and women attending the project, with a focus on how to develop ideas into action plan and plans in to results. She will count and coach the teams on implementation on action plans and measurement of results.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree in business administration, management, or any related field.
- Minimum five years experience in professional environment requiring project management, training and results evaluation.
- Proven experience in planning and speaking at workshops and seminars.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Consultant must submit the following:
- A letter of motivation outlining how your experience, skills, qualifications and professional background fit with the required deliverables (maximum one page) attaching at least two concrete examples of similar work demonstrating the consultancy service requirements.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing relevant skills and experience including three contactable referees (maximum two pages).
- A proposed detailed methodological approach, timeline and work plan based on the key deliverables described above; (the selected consultant will be requested to adjust the work plan for resubmission- as the first deliverable, following the signing of the consultancy contract with EMHRM).
Submission date: not later than 5th of April, 2018 at 15:00 PM
The applications should be submitted via email in a PDF format to email@example.com.
Please note that due to the nature of the work only female applicants will be considered.