Job Title: Women’s Rights and Gender Equality Consultant
Project: Women’s Leadership Incubator
Type of Contract: Consultancy
Location: Gaza Strip
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor is a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across the MENA region and in Europe. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we seek to both empower individuals disenfranchised by violence and discrimination and prod the international community to take tangible steps to put an end to human rights violations. While doing so, we operate as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations.
Euro-Med Monitor is implementing the second phase of Women's Leadership Incubator (WLI) project – funded by the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation- which aims at strengthening local CBOs' sensitivity to women's needs and rights, while also engaging marginalized women directly in project planning and implementation. Through the WLI, we will train participating CBOs staff and teams of women from their communities in leadership and advocacy skills, as well as facilitate their work to identify and implement projects to empower others in their broader neighborhood.
Our ultimate goal is to facilitate the development of grassroots women leaders across the Gaza Strip who will advocate for others to achieve greater empowerment and gender equality for the benefit of all.
Purpose of Consultancy
The purpose of the consultancy is to hire a Gender Consultant responsible for coaching support and training in gender mainstreaming and gender sensitivity in program design and implementation and women empowerment issues, targeted for Euro-Med Monitor’s partners. In addition, the consultant is expected to ensure the project team’s awareness and compliance with these issues during planning and implementation of project interventions and future program planning.
The consultant should be able to develop a clear image of necessary training for all staff and partners as well to develop a common understanding of gender issues in the project implementation and required interventions. The consultant is expected to assist staff and partners in the translation of gender equality and gender sensitivity into concrete action and to familiarize them with tools and skills necessary for effective mainstreaming of gender issues into projects operations through reviewing their written interventions and action plans to make sure that the whole interventions are gender sensitive (from design stage to implementation).
- Minimum five years of experience in a university or NGO setting focused on promoting women’s empowerment/rights.
- Demonstrated experience in outreach to marginalized women.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program-evaluation methods.
- Documented experience as a public speaker or instructor, with positive reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree in gender studies, development or any related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel within all areas of the Gaza Strip, work under pressure and juggle multiple activities.
Consultants must submit the following:
- A letter of motivation outlining how your experience, skills, qualifications and professional background fit with the required deliverables (maximum one page) attaching at least two concrete examples of similar work demonstrating the consultancy service requirements.
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing relevant skills and experience including three contactable referees (maximum two pages).
- A detailed budget covering all consultancy related costs inclusive of VAT.
- A proposed detailed methodological approach, timeline and work plan based on the key deliverables described above; (the selected consultant will be requested to adjust the work plan for resubmission- as the first deliverable, following the signing of the consultancy contract with EMHRM).
Submission date: no later than 5th of April, 2018 at 15:00 pm.
The applications should be submitted via email in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the nature of the work only female applicants will be considered.