We Are Not Numbers, a project of the Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, is looking for a part-time social media and donor coordinator in the Palestinian territories - Gaza Strip.
- Manage social media team to maintain a regular, ongoing flow of story and project-related Tweets; look for appropriate accounts to follow; engage around trending topics and events in the news.
- Plan and supervise Twitter storms and experiments such as Facebook Live events, in collaboration.
- Work to ensure writer engagement with Facebook commenters; contribute to Instagram posts.
- Monitor usage stats for Facebook page, Twitter account and website, creating and sharing a monthly report with the WANN team, along with strategic suggestions.
- Develop and implement plan for nurturing donors and subscribers to keep them engaged and donating/sharing. Work with U.S. mentor to develop these skills and read related articles/participates in related online events.
- Work with international director to Identify grant opportunities and coordinate completion of applications.
This position collaborates with the Gaza project manager, but reports to the U.S.-based international director. Thus, the person must be available at least two hours per day between the hours of 3 and 11 p.m. Otherwise, the person filling this position will work from home, while visiting the Euro-Med office two to three times per week to collaborate and meet with the social media team.
Required skills and experience are:
- Excellent communicator in written English.
- Active on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Knowledgeable about changing trends in social media or willing to proactively research and learn.
- Collaborative team player.
- Committed to the mission of We Are Not Numbers.
- Detail-oriented and organized project manager.
Please submit a two- or three-paragraph description of yourself and your relevant qualifications, along with your Twitter handle/account and three suggestions for what you would do to improve our Twitter presence, at Job@euromedmonitor.org
The closing date for all applications is Friday, November 11.