Euro-Med Monitor, a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across Europe and the MENA region, operates as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we both empower the vulnerable groups and probe broad patterns of behavior that call out for sustained attention. When helpful, we pose recommendations for dealing with humanitarian crises and helping those affected.
Euro-Med Monitor is looking to recruit a Media Officer based in the Palestinian territories, to work as part of the team.
Duty Station: West Bank, Jerusalem, Gaza Strip.
Organizational Setting: The employee will work under the direct supervision of the office manager.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
As a PR Outreach Coordinator, you are expected to:
• Manage media relations and other promotion activities by writing news releases, contacting media outlets to pitch related stories, coordinating video shoots, etc.
• Monitoring media coverage.
• Attending press conferences and media interviews.
• Draft and supervise the completion of reports.
• Manage social media accounts.
• University degree in media, public relations, Arabic language, or other related field.
• Experience in drafting reports.
• Reliable, broad and current understanding of human rights.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Experience in media relations and/or public relations a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, including grace under pressure and diplomacy with difficult personalities..
• Excellent Arabic proficiency, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple activities.
Kindly send your application no later than 01 May 2014 to email@example.com. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation.
- Why do you think you are the right fit for this position?
- Which of your experiences would you use in this position?