Position: Full-time Deputy Project Manager
Location: Greater Gaza City area
Closing Date: 30 June 2023 by 11:59 pm (EEST)
We Are Not Numbers (WANN) is seeking a full-time Deputy Manager, a position under the guidance and direct supervision of WANN’s Project Manager. The expected contract duration is 11 months, with a potential contract extension following a satisfactory performance evaluation as well as continued availability of funding.
WANN was founded in 2015 under the umbrella of Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor in the Gaza Strip. Our mission is to tell the human stories behind the numbers in the news by pairing Palestinian youths with native English writers around the world who coach them on how to tell their personal narratives (and those of others) in ways that will resonate with readers from Western or English-speaking cultures. We care deeply about decolonising and reclaiming the stories of Palestine and individual Palestinians through our journeys with our writers. Kindly familiarise yourself with our website before applying by visiting www.wearenotnumbers.org.
- Coordinate and build strong partnerships with our local and international partners, under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager.
- Engage community members and liaise regularly with members of WANN’s current cohort and with WANN alumni.
- Map and prepare a database of WANN’s local partners, civil society groups, universities, and colleges.
- Design and prepare the annual recruitment and fundraising campaign, in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Support in the organisation of activities, training sessions, regular circles, and follow-up with writers.
- Write newsletter items as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Faithfully represent WANN’s core values and objectives when interacting with the media, members of partner organisations, and the public through social media, as directed by the Project Manager and the Board.
- Innovation: Ability to generate novel and useful ideas for the project.
- Leadership: Ability to persuade writers and partners to remain committed to our cause and excited about producing high-quality work together at WANN.
- People management: Ability to listen, persuade, and adapt, plus synthesise information to communicate independent analysis.
- Delivery: Ability to achieve results while exercising good judgement; meet goals and quality criteria for delivery of required tasks.
- Project management: Ability to create and organise procedures, manage resources, and develop and implement protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Partnerships: Ability to engage with local partners, universities, schools, and donors, and forge productive working relationships.
- Results-based management: Ability to support partners and community members to achieve results; ability to manage multiple activities according to deadlines, ensuring that no tasks fall through the cracks, and doing so with minimal direction.
- Social media: Professional-level ability to make use of social media platforms.
- Report writing: Ability to prepare high-quality reports.
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, journalism, English, public policy, political sciences or development, or any social science fields.
- At least two years of professional experience.
- Experience in administrative and financial reporting.
- Skilled at storytelling (publications are an asset).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Applicant must be:
- Willing and able to be available during off-hours to respond to overseas team members and media, including via the Internet.
- Willing and able to be present in the WANN Gaza City office on all workdays (Su-Th).
Interested applicants should submit an application here no later than 30 June 2023 by 11:59 pm (EEST). Contact us with any questions at [email protected] or via WANN’s mobile phone number at 0598274255.