Euro-Mid Observer, a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across Europe and the MENA region, operates as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we both empower the vulnerable groups and probe broad patterns of behavior that call out for sustained attention. When helpful, we pose recommendations for dealing with humanitarian crises and helping those affected.
Euro-Med Monitor is looking to recruit a part-time Advocacy Officer to work online.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Arrange advocacy efforts and events on specific advocacy priorities.
- Represent the organization in different events.
- Produce regular updates on the work of Euro-Med policy and advocacy.
- Produce materials for advocacy, communications and media purposes on Euro-Med priorities.
- University degree in development studies, international relations, public relations, English language, or any related field.
- Good understanding of the discourse on conflict
- Proven analytical skills and experience of producing detailed briefings on a variety complex policy issues
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple activities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience in media relations and/or public relations a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including grace under pressure and diplomacy with difficult personalities.
- Excellent English proficiency, both verbal and written.
Note: Euro-Med Monitor is an organization depending mainly on volunteers. Therefore, a monthly reward of 250 USD will be given to those selected.
Kindly send your application no later than 15 April 2015 to email@example.com. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV.